Biscuit Flavoured Cake!
It was a happy day when I first discovered Biscoff spread. Since then I have been looking for ways to incorporate it into almost anything and Biscoff Blondies seemed a slightly more sophisticated option than the normal ‘jar and spoon’.
Seriously, this stuff is just so good. If you don’t know what it is, it’s a spread made from those dark, caramelised biscuits you often get on the side of a good coffee.
They taste like caramel, dark brown sugar and subtle spices. Yum.
These Biscoff Blondies are gooey in the middle and crisp on the outside. I’ve added crumbled Biscoff on top and white and dark chocolate chips inside. There’s lots of other recipes online for Biscoff blondies which I used for inspiration – in particular Sally’s Baking Addiction was a good one. This final version was quick, easy and hassle free.
If you’re in need of a sweet treat definitely give these a go. They’re naughty but nice, just like all the best things in life 🙂
- Gooey middle
- Crisp biscuit shell
- Chocolate surprises
- Caramel flavoured
- Perfect with coffee
- Biscoff Blondies
- 125g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 75g unsalted butter, melted
- 200g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 190g Biscoff spread
- 100g white chocolate chips
- 100g dark chocolate chips
- 6 Lotus Biscoff biscuits to crumble on top (optional)
- Preheat oven to 187°C.
- Line an 8-inch baking tray.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, stir the melted butter and brown sugar together until combined.
- Whisk in the egg and egg yolk, then add the vanilla.
- Stir in the Biscoff spread.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients to produce a thick batter.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking dish.
- Bake for about 25 minutes.
- Allow the blondies to cool completely, if you can 😉 and remove from the tin.
- Melt a little of the Biscoff spread in the microwave and spread it over the top of the blondies.
- Crumble the Biscoff biscuits all over.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!