Peanut Butter and Oat Cookies – Energy Boosting Treats
I’m always looking for quick cookie recipes. Something you can whip up during nap time when you find yourself a bit short on treats.
Oats and peanut butter just make sense. They also quite nicely straddle the gap between ‘health food’ and dessert. Nice.
These cookies are soft and cakey with a little bite from the oats and peanuts. The glaze is optional – it’s mostly decorative although it does add a bit of extra sweetness.
Enjoy these biscuits for breakfast, elevenses or pudding without feeling too guilty. If you’re pregnant or parenting energy is important right? 😉 x
- ½ cup crunchy peanut butter
- ½ cup brown sugar (I used ¼ coconut sugar and ¼ golden caster)
- 2 medium eggs
- tsp vanilla essence
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1¼ cup oats
- Optional topping
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- tbsp vegetable oil
- pinch salt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix all the ingredients together
- Place even amounts onto a lined tray
- Cook for 8 mins or until golden brown
- Cool on a rack
- To make the topping mix ½ cup white chocolate chips, tbsp vegetable oil and a pinch of salt (optional)
- Heat in the microwave until melted
- Drizzle over the cooled cookies