The other day I made a batch of wild garlic pesto so I’ve been finding ways to use it up ever since! This is a really quick and easy dish, perfect for a speedy, healthy lunch or midweek tea. If you don’t have wild garlic pesto normal pesto or sun dried tomato paste would also be great! Or have it without and add a little extra olive oil or your favourite cheese.
I love gnocchi because it’s so quick to make and it’s really comforting. You can buy it pre-made from the supermarket.
To the pesto and gnocchi I added kale, cherry tomatoes and pine nuts but you can add whatever vegetables you have in. It would be nice with asparagus, courgettes or spinach too.
Get the full wild garlic pesto recipe here.
- Gnocchi With Wild Garlic Pesto
- 250g gnocchi
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 100g chopped kale
- 25g pine nuts
- 4 tbsp. wild garlic pesto
- Put the gnocchi into a pan of salted, boiling water until they float to the surface (about 5 mins)
- Heat a little oil in a pan and add the tomatoes
- Once they start to soften add the kale and the pine nuts and heat for another few mins
- Add the drained gnocchi and stir through the pesto
- Serve immediately and enjoy