I love Honey Nut Cornflakes. The person on the advert who adds milk to the box and eats the lot….that is me.
Sadly, I had to cut myself off because as an everyday breakfast food they aren’t really all that great. They’re mostly carbs and sugar and, with the amount I eat, it wasn’t doing anyone any favours, apart from maybe Kellogg’s.
Breakfast foods are THE BEST though so if you’re short on time, feeling a little delicate or just want a great pre-workout snack, this energy boosting smoothie is the perfect choice.
Oh so creamy, with a salty peanut kick and sweet honey finish, this is one smoothie that won’t leave you disappointed.
This honey nut smoothie is made with just 5 ingredients – milk (of your choice), honey (or sub maple syrup), peanut butter, cashew nut butter and oats for a creamy, protein-rich base.
If you like it a little sweeter try adding some banana or vanilla to the mix.
It’s creamy, thick and packed with flavour. Enjoy this guilt-free delight any time of day 🙂
For an extra health kick use Manuka honey for its additional health benefits and antibacterial-fighting properties (I’m convinced Manuka honey cured me of my ailments but that’s a story for another time!)
Let us know if you make this recipe #preggieveggie
- Honey Nut Breakfast Oat Smoothie
- 220ml milk of your choice
- 3 tbsp. oats
- tsp manuka honey or maple syrup
- tbsp. peanut butter
- tbsp. cashew nut butter
- Put all the ingredients into a blender and whizz!
- Taste and adjust to preference.
- If it needs thinning a little, add more milk or if you like it thicker add some more oats.
- If it needs a bit of chilling add a few ice cubes before or after you blitz, or freeze some milk cubes especially to use in smoothies.
*If you like a little more texture try adding some cornflakes!
*This recipe is packed with veggie-friendly protein, ideal for pregnancy and is a great start to any day.
*This recipe makes a single serving.
*This recipe is a source of magnesium, protein, healthy fats, fibre and minerals