You know how sometimes you want to eat cheesecake for breakfast?…Just me? Didn’t think so.
These mini maple pecan vegan cheesecakes have a touch of pancakey deliciousness about them. Stack them up, drizzle with coconut cream and serve with maple syrup and fresh berries.
The perfect gateway pudding between Summer and Fall, as the days slowly begin to get shorter and we all desperately cling on to Summer’s pant leg and ask WHHHYYYYY it has to leave us.
Fear not! Because Autumn is surely one of the best times of year for food – think all things sugar and spice 🙂
These mini vegan cheesecakes take the base recipe from my Mini Vegan Cheesecakes – Gender Reveal! and give them a new twist with a cinnamon pecan base and maple syrup-sweet centre.
The subtle, spiced base is super easy to make and naturally sweetened with dates. On top of that rests the smoothest, coolest, lightest vegan cheesecake ever, and it’s all topped off with fresh berries and gold sprinkles because we’re oh so glam 😉
Let me know if you give this one a try #preggieveggie
If your sweet tooth still isn’t satisfied try these Vegan Peanut Butter, Oat & Chocolate Chip Cookies or this Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie (No Bake)!
- 1 cup (200 g) pitted dates
- 1 cup (120 g) pecan
- Tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp salt
- 1½ cups (180 g) soaked cashews*
- Juice of 1 large lemon or orange
- ⅓ cup (80 g) liquid coconut oil
- ⅔ cup (160 ml) full-fat coconut milk*
- ⅓ cup (80 ml) maple syrup (or more if you like them sweeter)
- 4 tbsp. coconut cream or milk
- 4 tbsp. vegan icing sugar (or more depending on consistency)
- ¼ tsp vanilla syrup or essence
- Fresh berries (optional)
- Gold sprinkles (optional)
- Blend dates and nuts in a food processor and add salt and cinnamon
- Press firmly into lightly greased tin and put into freezer
- Blend the soaked cashews, coconut milk, coconut oil, juice and syrup until smooth
- Top the bases with the cheesecake mix, and refreeze for approx. 4 hours until firm or overnight
- Whip the coconut cream or milk with the vanilla and sieved icing sugar and drizzle over the cakes before serving
- Top with optional extras like sprinkles and fresh berries
- (The cakes can be kept in the freezer until needed)
* Soak cashews in cold water overnight or in boiling water for an hour prior to using
* Try keeping the coconut milk in the fridge before hand and using only the thick top
* This recipe makes 6 -8 cakes in a normal size cupcake tin
* Recipe time does not include freezing time