Mexican food, oh how I love you 🙂
I can’t get enough of spicy food. I think it’s one thing that really brings vegetables alive so vegetarian Mexican and Indian food are definitely favourites of mine.
After making some veggie fajitas at the weekend I needed something quick and easy to use up a few corn tortillas and half a jar of chipotle salsa.
These vegetarian tostadas were the answer!
- Super quick
- Packed full of veggies
- Cheesy goodness
I imagine they’re also really fun for kids to make, like little mini Mexican pizzas, although maybe turn down the heat for little ones.
If you’re pregnant these are giving you a whole lot of healthy vegetables including red peppers and broccoli – both on the list of great pregnancy foods.
Plus, if you’re over your due date, you never know the spicy hit might just help you out 😉
If you’re mad for Mexican food try these stuffed Mexican tomatoes!
- Mexican Veggie Tostadas
- 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 small bunch fresh coriander
- 200g broccoli
- 4 small corn tortillas
- Half jar chipotle salsa or salsa of your choice
- 60g mozzarella cheese
- 50g cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to around 180C
- Add the oil to a pan
- Chop the onion and add it to the pan
- Chop the pepper and add that in
- Once starting to soften, add the garlic clove (chopped or crushed)
- Add the spices and herbs and stir through
- Chop the broccoli into bitesize pieces and add those
- Leave to cook
- Meanwhile, lay the tortillas out on a tray and cover with the salsa
- Put the veggies onto the tortillas and then top with the cheese
- Cook for about 10 minutes or until the cheese is melted
*If you don't have exactly the same veggies or spices as me, just experiment with different combinations
*Add some black beans for a healthy protein kick