Rainbow Beet Salad
Beetroot is a new-ish discovery for me and I may have gone a little bit overboard lately – think beet burgers, beetroot lasagna (with leftover beetroot and apple soup as the sauce!), and multiple beetroot salads. I’m still not sick of it though, plus it’s got a ton of health benefits, so why not 🙂
This was a quick salad I took for lunch with friends. I got over excited with all the different colour beetroots but it works fine with any type, or any other sweet veg.
Caramelized, roasted beets are mixed with protein packed lentils and crunchy hazelnuts. It’s all finished off with a simple vinaigrette, red onion, garlic and fresh basil.
I love how colourful this salad turned out! It’s quick, simple and delicious. Spread a little love to your besties with Rainbow Beet Salad 🙂
If, like me, you’re bang into beetroot at the minute you might also like these…
- Beetroot, 2 large cooked and peeled
- Red onion, half
- Lentils, 1 large can (390g)
- Hazelnuts, handful (approx. 50g)
- Basil, bunch fresh (approx. 30g)
- Olive oil, 2 tbsp
- Red wine vinegar, 1 tbsp
- Maple syrup, ½ tbsp
- Garlic, small clove, crushed
- Salt and pepper
- Chop the cooked beetroot - 1 in wedges and 1 sliced for texture
- Chop the red onion finely and cover with boiled water for a few minutes, then drain
- Rinse the lentils
- Roast the hazelnuts in a dry pan then crush
- Chop the basil and combine everything in a large bowl
- Make the vinaigrette by combining everything and adjusting to taste
- Dress the salad and enjoy
* If you're cooking your beetroot from scratch try wrapping them in foil and baking in the oven until soft (approx. 45 mins). Leave to cook and remove the skins with your fingers.