This Simple Pickled Radish is super simple, quick and easy to make with just 6 ingredients – 1 of which is water!
The Beauty of Pickles
Sometimes you just crave pickles. Pregnant or not, pickles are addictive. They’re also a great way to freshen up many dishes and make the most of any leftover vegetables.
Plus, keep your leftover pickles in the fridge and they’ll be good for weeks.
Make It Your Own
You can also skip the extra garnishes or add your own. Peppercorns, chilli or other herbs all make good additions – experiment with your own favourite flavours.
I’ve used radishes here because I love their bright pink colour and peppery taste, but this simple pickling recipe works with almost any vegetables – think carrots, red onions, cucumbers, cabbage – anything you can slice pretty finely.
I’ve never met a veg, that pickling didn’t help 🙂
Health Benefits of Pickling
Pickles are thought to contain probiotics, which are beneficial to your gut health. They are also good for appetite control and weight loss, as you feel satisfied by their strong taste for very few calories. Preserving some vegetables through pickling is also thought to preserves their natural antioxidants.
And most importantly, they just taste good, like really good.
I’d love to see your pickling creations! – #preggieveggiepickles
- Simple Pickled Radish
- 1 bunch radishes (approx. 250g)
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. water
- Pinch salt & pepper
- Tsp dried dill
- Tsp. black onions seeds
- Small bunch fresh coriander
- Chop the radishes into fine slices
- Add the water, vinegar, salt and pepper then stir
- Leave until ready to serve, then sprinkle with the onion seeds and dried dill
- Mix in the fresh coriander
* Pickling is a great way to preserve vegetables and works with most thinly sliced things - carrots, fennel, cucumber, red onions, cabbage etc
*Simple pickles are a great way to balance out other dishes - especially burgers, salads and tacos
* You can keep these in the fridge for several weeks and use as required