This Vegan Snickers Mighty Morning Milkshake has all the chocolatey, peanut flavour of a snickers with enough of the nutritional good stuff that you can legit enjoy it for breakfast 🙂
The mornings have been a bit difficult lately. I’m waking up late and still feeling tired. I think it’s the heat.
I’d love to get up slowly, saunter downstairs looking perfect and spend the next hour lovingly preparing a healthy, nutritious breakfast.
The truth is usually closer to a quick pat down of the frizzy hair, some smudged eye liner and 5 mins to make breakfast to go.
A Fruit Too Far
I like fruit smoothies and I’ve had my fair share, but these days I’ve been craving something more mellow.
The soft creaminess of this Snickers morning milkshake is hard to beat – no pips, no skin, no weird separation!
It is silky smooth, sweet and velvety with enough body and protein to keep you full for at least a good few hours until elevenses. If you’re extra hungry, try dunking these Vegan Peanut Butter, Oat & Chocolate Chip Cookies …pudding for brekko 🙂
If you have leftovers you can use to make frozen treats! The mix will probably want sweetening a little with your choice of sweetener – agave or maple syrup perhaps – then you’ll have healthy, protein packed mini-milk like treats!
This smoothie is a great way to start the day. Sometimes when it’s hot I’m not feeling food in the mornings, but I don’t want to skip the meal altogether as I later have to worry about getting all the necessary nutrients into the two remaining meals.
This vegan shake has roughly a 3rd of your daily protein, fat (healthy monounsaturated fats and Omega 3) and fibre needs covered – all from healthy plant-based sources.
Plus, with the added calcium, vitamin D and B12 from the fortified milk, you’re getting a lot of nutritional bang for your milkshakey buck.
Why Not Try…
If breakfast drinks are your thing you might like this Honey Nut Breakfast Oat Smoothie or if you can’t get enough chocolate and peanut butter then this Vegan Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie (No Bake) could be your next obsession 😉
Let me know if you give this a try #preggieveggie #milkshakeforbrekko
- 2 cups soy milk (or milk of your choice)
- 4 dates
- 2 tbsp. oats
- 2 tbsp. ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp. hemp hearts
- 2 tbsp. peanut butter
- 1 tbsp. cocoa powder (or sub with chocolate protein powder or quality drinking chocolate)
- 1 tsp vanilla paste or maple syrup (optional)
- Add everything to a high powered blender and blitz!
- Serve chilled.
- Vanilla paste/maple syrup only needed if you prefer it sweeter.
* Soy milk is high in protein and usually contains added calcium, vitamin B2, B12 and D which are all vital for health.
* Hemp Hearts are a complete plant protein source.
* Flax seeds are a rich source of plant-based omega-3 fatty acids.
* Peanut butter contains antioxidant vitamin E, bone-building magnesium, muscle-friendly potassium and immunity-boosting vitamin B6.
* Try hi-oleic peanut butter for even more healthy fats.