Now we’re all stuck at home for a lot of the day I’ve found mornings are much slower paced. I’ll start the day with a coffee with frothed oat milk and sit and drink it whilst I decide what else I might like. I need recipes that are tasty and nutritious enough for a little one too.
A friend gifted me a waffle maker a while ago and it’s perfect for mornings like this. It really is the gift that keeps on giving 🙂
These are pretty simple to make. Just mix all the ingredients well and stick them in the machine until crispy.
Chocolate Coconut Waffles
You don’t have to make these chocolaty. You could leave the cocoa powder out. Try adding your our own flavour combinations and see what works. If you prefer not to use oil I’ve seen people sub this for applesauce too.
Top these waffles with your favourite breakfast items! I like mine with the Coconut Collaborative yoghurt, maple syrup and chocolate chips. *drool* They go well with any fresh fruit too.
Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- 1½ cups plain flour
- tbsp cocoa powder
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or sub white)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1½ cups non dairy milk
- 3 tbsp melted coconut oil (or sub veg oil)
- pinch of salt
- Add all the ingredients to a mixer and combine
- Pour the mix into a waffle maker and cook until crispy
- Serve with your choice of toppings. You could try desiccated coconut, coconut yoghurt, syrup, fresh fruit or chocolate chips!
* The batter can be kept in the fridge for a day or two and used later
* Cooked waffles can be kept in the fridge or frozen and reheated in the toaster or oven